Last week my husband and I spent a wonderful evening celebrating our wedding anniversary! I decided to utilize the new skills that I learned at Central Market’s “Italian Fresh Pasta” class, and make some Pasta with Pesto and homemade pizza. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the wonderful Kitchen Aid attachments that I used in the class, so my trusty hands and rolling pin were the tools I had to work with.
Since I already made the pasta dough in class there were just a few steps I had to take before the pasta was ready for the pot.
**Side Note: You can use these same techniques with store bought frozen dough.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and let it sit until it reaches room temperature
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, or until slightly soft
- Cut the dough into fourths and roll out the pieces until sheet thin
- Cut each large piece in half to make it easier to work with
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the pasta sheets into thin strips, the size of Fettuccine
Once I finished cutting the pasta it was time to finish my pizza! I have to say everything turned out wonderful. We topped off the meal with a delicious Caesar Salad and a bottle of Pinot Noir. Give these recipes a try…they are delish! Continue reading